Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to open Arc Coverage (.adf) vector files?

Hi, I am using IMAGINE 2018 and trying to open an Arc Coverage vector file in a 2D View window. The instructions I have (from a class taught last year) say to go to File-Open-Vector Layer, then in the dialog that pops up, to choose "Arc Coverage" as the file type. But it is not listed (only Oracle Features Proxy, PostGIS Features Proxy, Shapefile, and SQL Server Features Proxy). Even if I select "All File-based Vector Formats", the files don't show in the file list. They are .ADF files.

Am I doing something wrong, or has support for this format been dropped completely?

Technical Evangelist

Re: How to open Arc Coverage (.adf) vector files?

Hi Ellen,

The libraries which are available for supporting the old ArcInfo Coverage format (as well as for Geodatabase) are only available as 32-bit libraries. So you'll need to fire up ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 (32-bit) in order to display coverages. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available to you when you installed ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 - just check the Start menu for the version marked "ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 (32-bit)".

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
New Contributor

Re: How to open Arc Coverage (.adf) vector files?

That was the answer. Thank you!

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.