Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

IMAGINE Objective Error in ERDAS IMAGINE 2018

Hello guys,

After successfully installing ERDAS IMAGINE 2018, I noticed that if I open IMAGINE Objective, it pops up an error saying "Error initializing classifier! Bayesian classifier requires a Java Runtime Environment, but none was found! Consult the Configuration Guide for installation instructions.". I followed the installation and configuration guide of Java Runtime Environment for IMAGINE Objective, but still produced the same error. I already restarted the computer several times but nothing happened. Do you have an idea how to do this? Thank you very much.

Staff

Re: IMAGINE Objective Error in ERDAS IMAGINE 2018

Hi Julie,

Please install ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 1. It has a fix that addresses the issue. The update can be downloaded from our web page.

Best regards, Sam

Contributor

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your reply. I already installed ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 1 but still doesn't address the issue. What can I do to fix this? Thank you very much.

New Contributor

Hello Sam, Julie

I have the same problem. I already installed ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 1 and still have the same error. Did you found solution for this error?

Thank you 

Dusan

Staff

[ Edited ]

Please double-check that your installation of Java is configured correctly just like it is explained in the ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 (v16.5) documentation. The instructions for installing and configuring Java to work with IMAGINE Objective 2018 can be found here. It is a different configuration from ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 (v16.1) and there are a couple of things you need to set up manually. Make sure that you have both the 32-bit and 64-bit Java versions installed in the correct Win32Release and X64URelease sub-folders and you must have the JAVA_HOME system variable set to the top folder where Java is installed. 

For example, let’s say that you have Java installed in the “C:\Program Files\Java” directory. You should have the “Win32Release” and “X64URelease” folders under this Java folder. Install the 32-bit version of Java in “C:\Program Files\Java\Win32Release” and install the 64-bit version in “C:\Program Files\Java\X64URelease”. Your JAVA_HOME system variable should be set to “C:\Program Files\Java”.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Contributor

Hi Sbent,

Thank you very much for this. It is already working. After I installed the 32-bit version of Java, I checked my Win32Release folder and noticed that it's empty. Unknowingly, the 32-bit version was already installed in another folder way before I reinstalled it.

For others with the same problem as mine, I suggest to check first if they already have the required Java version but installed in a different folder. If yes, go to that folder location and create any lacking folder. 

Occasional Contributor

Hi julie,

yah. It happenend as you mentioned. When i install 32-bit java version into "C:\Program files\Java\Win32Release", its automatically installed into  "C:\Program files(x86) \Java\Win32Release" path. You mentioned that "go to the folder and create any lacking folder". Could you pls explain in those context? what folder should we do create? 

Occasional Contributor

Hi sbent,

I hve installed 64- bit java into same path. But when i try to install 32-bit into "C:\Program files\Java\Win32Release", its automatically installed into "C:\Program files\Java (x86) \Win32Release" path. Still the error occurs in Objective workstation. 

So What should I do to further? 

Contributor

Hi Karthik,

Go to "C:\Program files(x86)\Java" where your Win32Release folder is automatically installed. Add the folder X64URelease and install there you java 64-bit. Hope it helps. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Julie,

Thank you for the reply.

Did the same what u have mentioned. Still the error occurs.  

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.