Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ram
Occasional Contributor

Re: IMAGINE Objective Error in ERDAS IMAGINE 2018

Hi Karthik,

I think, you need to follow again below given steps-

Requistes

1. ERDAS Imagine Patch above 2018.1 above are installed
  2. Downlad JRE 32bit/64bit again install in another folder structure eg. C:/Java/WIN32Release and C:/Java/X64bitRelease respecteively.
  3. Add JRE installation path in  your system environment eg. JAVA_HOME as C:/Java/WIN32Release;C:/Java/X64bitRelease  
  4. Reinvoke you Image objective and check its working
  5. Read ERDAS Imagine 2018 installation guide pageno:26 to know details of installation and settings.

I hope this will work.

Ram

Staff

@Karthik

The Java configuration steps outlined by Ram are not 100% correct. In Ram's example the JAVA_HOME environmental variable should be C:\Java instead of C:\Java\WIN32Release. Let’s say that you plan to install Java in the C:\Java directory. You should have the Win32Release and X64URelease folders under this C:\Java folder. Install the 32-bit version of Java in C:\Java\Win32Release and install the 64-bit version in C:\Java\X64URelease. Your JAVA_HOME system variable should be set to C:\Java.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Occasional Contributor

Hey Stephen,

Great. As you mentioned, i have changed the java path to "C:\java" in env variable. It worked perfectly. 

Thank you so much. Gud work. 

Best Regards, 

Karthik. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hey Ram, 

Thank you for your input. 

Everything is fine, only a small corrections. As @sbent mentioned, java home has to be set to "C:\java" not on each 32 and 64 folders. 

It worked perfectly when i changed lilke that. Before it was not working. 

Anyways thanks. 

-

Karthik. 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.