Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Imagine Objective workstation crashes in 2018

Hi, 

If I try to open a previously saved project files, workstation crashes and stopped working. But when we create a new project files, its worked fine. 

Java is updated. Am not sure where is the problem occurs.

Anyone with answers would be appreciated..

Regards, 

Karthik.

Staff

Re: Imagine Objective workstation crashes in 2018

Hello Karthik,

What errors are reported in the ERDAS IMAGINE session log after the IMAGINE Objective workstation stops working? Do you have ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 2 installed?

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Occasional Contributor

Hey sbent,

Thanks for the reply. 

I have installed update 2. Now workstation is not crashing. It seems to be opening.

But when i try to open the previously saved lfp file, am getting error called "Bayesian network classifier does not appear to be installed". Could you pls explain this context?

I have installed and configured the java exactly as mentioned in the Installation guide page no 26. 

Regards,

Karthik. 

Staff

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for the information. I suspect that there may be an issue with your Java configuration. Please attach a screenshot of the “Programs and Features” list from the Windows Control Panel dialog showing the following columns for your Java program: Name, Version, Location, Source.  We need to know the full number of the Java version you have installed and the exact locations of your 32-bit and 64-bit Java installations. Next,open a Windows Command Prompt window and type “set” then press <Enter>. Please attach a screenshot showing the resulting list including the JAVA_HOME variable. 

Thank you,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hey Stephen, 

Thanks. Problem solved!

you are right. It was a java error. 

Am mentioning the steps below to get benefit for others. 

Here are the steps done:

1. Installed 32 and 64 bit java under "C:\Java\win32release" and "C:\Java\X64Urelease" folders. 
  2. Set the "Java_Home" system variable path to "C:\Java". 
  3. Restart the system.

Hurray! you are done. 

Thanks @sbent

---

Karthik

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.