Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Import ISAT project into Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm trying to import a simple ISAT project (only two images) into Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS and something is not working properly.

The importing process identifies correctly the existence of an ISAT project (camera, photo, control, model and project files).

In the process I can define the coordinate system and the project gets imported correctly. I notice that the system reads the interior and exterior orientations:

ISAT.PNG

Everything is OK, the images get attached to the map window and also to the stereo view BUT

There is quite a lot of parallax.

I tried to import the same project in IMAGINE 2016 (you provided me with a trial version, thanks a lot!) and the result is exactly the same, I get parallax.

I tested the same project in DAT/EM Summit Evolution and there is no parallax at all. The difference is that when importing, I have the option to choose between "photo" and "model"... I guess this is the bundle information to be read.

I'd like to understand what ERDAS needs to import in order to get the stereo pair correctly georeferenced.

Please, find atached the "photo" and "model" files for you to see what I'm importing.

Thanks a lot for your help!.

Santi

PS - I don't know if the community is the best way to ask all this questions. If not, please provide me with a contact and an email address and I'll give you all the information. I'm in charge of testing the compatibility of Stereo Analyst in order to recommend it to our customers.

Staff

Re: Import ISAT project into Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS

Hello Santi,

When you are importing from one photogrammetry package to another, there might be small differences considering not all camera parameters are recognized and imported between different photogrammetry packages. However the offset shouldn’t be too big. How many pixels of y parallax did you measure?

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Occasional Contributor

Hi Yasemin,

Thanks a lot for your help.

When importing ISAT, the format may look OK (at least I get the stereo-pair in the stereo window and the Image pairs list). Parallax is way too much (+30 pixels). I believe the orientation is not well read. Coordinates in the stereo window are more or less correct, but coordinates in the ArcMap map window are not.

Best regards,

Santi

Highlighted
Staff

Hello Santi,

Does the map documents spatial reference match the ISAT project’s coordinate system?

Parallax issue requires data and analysis, please consult your sales/support team and provide them the entire ISAT project and at least one image pair to investigate the problem. They will be able to assist you with this problem.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.