Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Re: Importing landsat 7 ETM plus into ERDAS using Import Manager

Hiya,

There's got to be a gap mask present for the gap mask to be imported. Gap masks are only supplied with SLC off data from 2003 onwards. The data I tried didn't have a gap mask and imported fine. Your data will be there also in the directory you specified but you wont' have (and don't need) a gap mask.

Johnnie

Contributor

Dear Johnnie and Ian,

Just after sending my first message today, I realized the reason why I was having the error message on gap Mask.

I was loading and highlighting Gap Mask for pre-2003 images that had no gap mask because they were not affected then by the SLC off. So teh error messages on Gap Mask appeared because of this.

I loaded 2003 and post 2003 scenes even with Gap Mask checked and ran the model.  No error message came through.

However, I couldnt still find extratced individual bands. I selected Multispectral bands option.

What can I possibly do ?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Using that dialogue you don't get individual bands. If you want that, just open the tar.gz file with something like 7zip and you'll see all the bands as individual tiffs. The dialogue creates stacked bands as multispectral, multispectral + thermal etc etc. If you can't find the stacked dataset, look in your session log and it will tell you where it was created. J

Highlighted
Contributor

Now I see the point  Johnnie.

I think this is all settled. I had struck success without knowing. I got it right.  That means I need to leave the fiel extension by default at .img and only change the file name if i want to.

However,  the reason I wanted to use teh import manager to import and extract the bands was so that when i am about carrying out ATCOR processes ( or even Landsat 7 reflectance conversion. ), the header information would have already been stored up in ERDAS and I wont have to manually input these information.

I know how to use the simple 7 zip program but elected to use the import manager for the reason above

So the next task would be how to unpacked these stacked bands created by the import manager. Maybe now I have to use the spatial modeller created for me by Mvardovs to unstacked these bands and get running with the next task.

Any further thoughts dear Johnnie?

i am very grateful

Kansy

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.