Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Input file is not a ribbon configuration file

I have just installed ERDAS IMAGINE 2014 and when I start the software it throws a "C:/PROGRA~2/Java/JRE18~1.0_9/bin/wkspace009044.xml: Input file is not a ribbon configuration file" error.What am I doing wrong?

Staff

Re: Input file is not a ribbon configuration file

Can you provide the full text from the session log? It looks like it might be having trouble finding your TEMP directory. If you open a Command Prompt window and enter the “set” command, what does it report for the TEMP and TMP variables? Do you have full read/write/modify permissions for these folders?

What do you have your ERDAS IMAGINE Temporary Directory set to? Open the IMAGINE Preference Editor (IMAGINE > File tab > Preferences) and navigate to the User Interface > User Interface & Session category. Scroll down about half way to locate the Temporary File Directory preference. It must be set to a directory on a drive with plenty of free disk space.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.