Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Visitor

Issues of loading DEM for ortho rectification using ERDAS IMAGINE Photogrammetry

Hi,

When using IMAGINE Photogrammetry to perform ortho rectification, I plan to use DEM that is generated by another software as the DTM source. However, I was unable to load the DEM. An error message "The DTM file is ignored due to not enough overlap with current image filename.tif" is shown. Yet, I am sure that the DEM and aerial TIFFs describe the same area, with the same projection. The same DEM with file types .tiff, .img, .ers, .shp, and .dat were tried, but none of them work. Can someone help?

The ERDAS version is 16.00.0000 Build 199.

Thanks!

Staff

Re: Issues of loading DEM for ortho rectification using ERDAS IMAGINE Photogrammetry

There may be a projection mismatch you have not yet identified (either in the block file definition, the values used for the Eexterio orientation paremeters...)

To troubleshoot this, generate an ortho using either the global DEM or using an verage Z value for the area. Then load the ortho and the DEM in a viewer. You will be able to see if there is an overlap between the DEM and the ortho you just generated.

Regards, Sam 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.