Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Issues using latest version of SAFA with Win10

Hi, I am using SAFA  VERSION 16.5.0 BUILD 173  with Arcgis 10.6.1

I have no trouble using block files created wihin safa from sup files or viewing geo tifs on a win7 workstation for stereo viewing.

My win10 workstation seems to process the created block file but displays no imagery.

The win10 workstation will display my geo tifs in stereo but very slow refresh and panning to the point of being unusable.

WIN10 is dell precision t7910, win7 is a dell precision t7600

Any advice would be appreciated         

John                      

Staff

Re: Issues using latest version of SAFA with Win10

Hello John,

Can you display the same .sup files in IMAGINE Viewer or in IMAGINE Photogrammetry (e.g. Terrain Editor)? Before opening .sup files in IMAGINE Viewer you should first edit and correct all the paths that .sup files are pointing to.

Please make sure to check ERDAS Raster support for SOCET SET in SAfA Options->Stereo Display Advanced Tab. And use SAfA legacy importer or Block File Image Pair Manager to import data and do not use Add Data command to directly import .sup files to map document because ESRI doesn’t support SOCET SET support files anymore.

Was there a previous version of ArcGIS on your Win 10 system? If you have upgraded to ArcGIS 10.6.1 have you uninstalled Extensions first? I have seen in the past incorrect installation caused problems displaying images and re-installation resolved customers problems. As stated in ERDAS Extensions Installation Guide before you upgrade any version of ArcGIS, you should uninstall any existing installation of ERDAS Extensions. If this is the case, please uninstall Extensions and ArcGIS and then re-install ArcGIS 10.6.1 and ERDAS Extensions 2018 for ArcGIS 10.6.1.

If re-installation doesn't solve the problem and if your language setting is other than English, you may test changing the OS region and language format settings to English US and then try to replicate the problem.

As per geo tiff refresh issue, for image heavy projects please use Block File Image Pair Manager when importing data. If still slow, please submit a support ticket and provide data and we will take a look.

Best regards,

Yasemin

Occasional Contributor

Hi, thankyou for the feedback.

The blockfiles created from SAFA using sup files do open in Imagine(Advantage)

ERDAS raster socket support is ticked.

Yes, its unfortunate ESRI does not support sup files anymore, we only drop prepared ge-tifs into SAFA, works fine.

If anything it may be the installation process, will try what you suggested.

Regards

John

Occasional Contributor

Hi, thanks that worked.

A couple new issues, 

The auto load image pair function doesn't seem to want to work.

Also after converting 2d shp files to 3d the linework does not sit on the ground(using same horiz and vert co-ord sys)

Following the exact process from previous versions of SAFA which is

Process imagery in Agisoft

Export Inpho project file from Agisoft(GDA94 Z50)

Import project file into SAFA.

Use DEM to convert 2d shp to 3d, use the same DEM for terrain following digitizing.

The virtual 2D To 3D has never really worked properly for me.

It has worked occasionally but it was easier just converting MY 2d shp files to 3d.

John

Staff

Hello,

Do you use the system mouse or a 3D mouse? If you are using the system mouse probably you are using the pan tool. Please do not use the pan tool, which doesn’t move the ground point, autoload was not designed to work with that tool. If you use the ground point to move about the imagery it should all work fine. For example, click "Manually toggle 3D floating cursor", "Fixed Cursor Mode", and "Auto Load Image Pair" icons, and then press F3 to move about the imagery. Ensure that Autoload checkbox is set in the Options (stereo display tab). Start driving the ground point off the edge of the current image pair using the 3D pointing device. You should see the image pair change as you cross the threshold.

But if you are using a 3D mouse, auto load image pair doesn’t work if a 3D mouse (e.g Topomouse) is the "only" mouse added in devices list in SAfA. But it works after addition of system mouse in SAfA. After adding the system mouse, you need to click in the stereo window and press “F3” to enable the collection mode. Please test auto load image pair functionality after adding the system mouse, it should work.

The 2D to 3D issue requires data and investigation, please submit a support ticket for this and provide data and we will help you.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Occasional Contributor

Hi,we have always just used the system mouse, it seemed to work ok previously, will try what you suggested, thankyou.

I'll create a support ticket and provide some data.

Regards

John

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.