Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

License issue on Imagine 2018

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

We buy this year 5 network licenses of Imagine 2018 but I can't use any licensed module. We also got some educational licenses for free.
At first, we installed the educational licenses and a few weeks after, we decided to install the network licenses.

Attached is the following licenses installed on the server, the screenshot is from the Hexagon Geospatial License Administration software.

I can't use Automatic Terrain Extraction (ATE) in photogrammetry tool :

Failed to acquire license for IMAGINE Photogrammetry ATE. 
Detailed error information follows. 

No such feature exists.
Feature:       imatm
License path:  
###;###;###;
FlexNet Licensing error:-5

on the eATE tool (which need so much time to generate a DTM), I can't submit the job in Simultaneous Processes, because the "Licenses Available" is noted as "0".

And for some other modules, I have the same issues (interferometry, ... I didn't try all the modules).

I think that the software didn't communicate with the server (with the licenses) and so, I can't use the licensed tools. What can I do to solve this problem ?

Thank's in advance everyone, I really need to build a DSM on a mosaic to then, orthorectify my mosaic.

Best regards,

Technical Evangelist

Re: License issue on Imagine 2018

Hello Lionel,

Your Activated licenses do not appear to include the product IMAGINE AutoDTM (which, amongst other things, unlocks ATE / imatm).

Similarly, IMAGINE SAR Interferometry does not appear to be included in the screenshot you provided. 

Did you receive Activation codes for these products?  I would suggest contact your local support group in France (or log a Suppoort TIcket here) to find out what the issue might be.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Thank's for your answer.

Ok for autoDTM and Interferometry (I think that stereoSAR and Ortho radar deal with Interferometry, but it was an example, I don't need interferometry modules).

We received Educationnal core licence x5 (bought) + 60 student licences.

We bought the Photogrammetry Core as you can see on the screenshot, and so, which possibility do I have to build Digital Elevation Model with satellite images ?
The Tridicon SGM doesn't work also.

Thank's again for your answer.
Lionel

Technical Evangelist

Hi Lionel,

I'm not an expert on the Education Program (see info here: https://www.hexagongeospatial.com/industries/education/desktop-education-program), but if I remember correctly the core product includes IMAGINE Photogrammetry, but does not include IMAGINE AutoDTM (the latter is available as an add-on at educational discounting).

With IMAGINE Photogrammetry you can perform block-based triangulation and ortho mosaicing. However you can only perform DEM extraction (using the eATE technique) on a block containing a single stereo pair of images. To perform multi-pair extraction (or to use the SGM technique) you need the IMAGINE AutoDTM product.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Hi ian.anderson,

Thank's for your answer.

I read that with eATE, I can build DSM with multi-image (i.e. more than 2) which can be a good news for me. By the way, I still got the same problem, I can't run eATE in multiprocess because "0" licence is available. Is that because an other kind of licence is required to run an add-on on multiprocess ?

Thank's again for your help

Best,

Technical Evangelist

Hi Lionel,

Not sure what you mean by "run multiprocess"?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Hi ian.anderson,

When I run something on imagine, if I select "Batch" to open the Batch Command Editor, I can then select "Submit" which open a window where I can chose to use several licenses for simultaneous processes (cf screenshot).

Cheers,

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Oh - I just noticed that in your original screenshot the Expiration Date is 01-Janv-2000

So either you've been issued some faulty Activation codes (with incorrect dates) or you may be hitting a Locale issue associated with older versions of the License Administration tools. Are you running Licensing v16.5.0.11 (which was what shipped with the original ERDAS IMAGINE 2018) or 16.5.0.15 (which is the version currently available to download from our web site and which is distributed with ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 1)? If you're running an older version I would strongly recommend upgrading. It may be the cause of your problems. 

And rememebr that it's the license server computer which needs updating, not the clients (although you could update them as well).

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

The licenses are permanent (the network licenses) I think it was the reason for an expiration date on 2000.

The server is running Licensing in v16.5.0.11, on my side, I did the update few days ago (if I remember, I also update the Geospatial License tools).
I will update the server to see if something change.

Thank's

Cheers

Technical Evangelist

You're correct about the Expiraiotn date - I found this article:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Licensing-Knowledge-Base/Intergraph-License-Administratio...

If upgrading the license server to 16.5.0.15 doesn't fix the problems I would strongly recommend contacting your local support group or logging  a Support Ticket (via the Support Portal: https://hexagongeospatial.force.com/supportportal/s/ )

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.