Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
IAF
New Contributor

Loosing Pyramid Layers on Fit to Frame

Hi,

I am using ERDAS 2018 with updates2. When  fit to frame the image is displayed as red crossed pyramids, reporting pyramid missing.

But the image is actually pyramid layers built. However when the image is zoomed in it is dislaying normally. Please see attached the screen shots. This problem is occuring with all the below checked:

1.  opening the image by dragging in the viewer or open with File tab > Open > Raster Layer

2.  The image format is .img

3. I have full write permission to the file, main and sub directory "D:\IMAGES\Landsat"

4. Pyramid Layers External preference disabled (unchecked)

5. Use out-of-date Pyramid Layers preference in the same category turned on (checked)

On another subject, I am under valid software maintenance for five years, is there any possibilities that my account is linked to the maintenance support, so that I get a quick response.

PS: I am emailing the problem to the local distributor also.

Thanks and Best Regards,

IAF

Staff

Re: Loosing Pyramid Layers on Fit to Frame

Try using the Image Metadata tool to rebuild the image's pyramid layers.

1. ERDAS IMAGINE > Home tab > Information group > Metadata menu > View/Edit Image Metadata 
  2. Image Metadata dialog > Edit menu > Compute Pyramid Layers/Statistics

The Hexagon Geospatial Support Portal is only available to our customer's in the United States. You must contact your local Hexagon Geospatial partner for support. If you are concerned about their response time please send me a private message.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.