Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Modify the parallax between images in the Pro600

Hi,

I wonder how to modify the parallax between images in the pro600? In Erdas stereo Analyst I can move the images in x direction by pressing x on the keyboard and moving the mouse and this will modify the parallax in x. in the same way I can remove the parallax for y. Here in the Pro600 the 2-image pair is shown with a displacement with the 2 images! how can I remove it?

Clip_56.jpg

Thanks

Technical Evangelist

Re: Modify the parallax between images in the Pro600

Hello,

If you are using a system mouse having a scroll wheel as the middle mouse button then doing the following steps should adjust the parallax..

1) In the stereo window(left window in your screenshot) click on the first icon of the toolbar to activate "Manually Toggle Cursor" mode.

2) In the same stereo window, click on the sixth icon from the left of the toolbar to activate "Moving Image/Fixed Cursor" mode.

3) From the keyboard, hit on the F3 button.

Now scroll the wheel of the mouse and you can notice that the parallax gets changed.

Thanks,

Pramod

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for your reply, I followed the steps you provided, but unfortunately after hitting F3 the stereo window shows a new menu shows up I try to scroll the wheel of the mouse and nothing happens.

Clip_57A.jpg

Many thanks,

Ahmad

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hello Ahmad,

That could be happening because the keyboard commands might be going to Microstation instead of the Viewplex i.e., the stereo window. In order to change the preference please make sure the setting "Forward events to the Viewplex" is selected in the Driver Preferences category of PRO600 preferences. Please see the following screenshot showing the setting.

Once this setting is done then perform the steps that are mentioned in the previous reply and you should be able to modify the parallax.

Thanks,

Pramod

PRO600.png

Contributor

Hi Pramod,

I am very appreciated for the help you provided, I upgraded it worked fine with me now, also I used my S3-V mouse and the parallax in X dir. can be modified when moving the wheel.

But I still have one final question, how about the Y direction parallax? For the same blk but In the Stero Analyst, after modifying the X and Y parallax, the I can see the 3d buildings clearly and this is not happening in the pro600. I guess I should move the images in Y direction and see the 3d effect!

Many thanks for your  great input,

Ahmad   

Technical Evangelist

Hello Ahmad,

The feature of adjusting Y parallax in Stereo Analyst is limited to only that tool.  

Actually the Y parallax should be handled at the triangulation level itself. Has the blockfile that you are using undergone triangulation?

Thanks,

Pramod

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for the prompt reply, Yes the block went 

through AT with RMSE less than 1 pixel , and the weird thing that the Stereo Analyst displays the image (3d) perfectly when adjusting the x and y parallax. But in the pro600 the y parallax is really large.

I will try to create a new blk form the scratch with different data to check if the issue still there, I will update you with the results.

Thanks,

Ahmad   

Contributor

Hi Pramod,

I have created a new blk with a new data, and the Y parallax disappeared so it might be an issue with the previous block, but unfortunately still I couldn’t view the 3d effects in the pro600 while I can see them in the stereo analyst. Is there any configurations at the level of the pro600 to set up the 3d view?

Thanks,

Ahmad

Technical Evangelist

Since you were able to see stereo in PRO600 with the previous blockfile, I would expect the same with this new blockfile too.

Could you please give more details on what you see in the PRO600 stereo window. 

Contributor

Hi Pramod,

I use the 3d mouse wheel to modify the parallax, but I couldn’t feel the 3d effect, the 3d emitter light color change to strong green (as its displaying 3d).

I have noticed that the stereo window shows the Z value while the microstation doesn’t ( only shows X,Y) and the Z value is 0. Attached

Thanks,

Ahmad

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.