Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

MosaicPro - bad resolution to create mosaic to ecw format

[ Edited ]

Hi, I generated a mosaic using MosaicPro, with multiple images in img format, I generated the output of the mosaic in ecw format, but the result is not good, the resolution of the final image is bad.

This is one of the original images.

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 2.20.52 PM.png

And this is the ecw result

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 2.21.43 PM.png

Any idea?

Note: The images come from UAVs, at 7cm/pxl, together they are + - 330 km2

Staff

Re: MosaicPro - bad resolution to create mosaic to ecw format

What is your ECW target compression ratio? You should try using a lower compression ratio.

• Open the ERDAS IMAGINE Preference Editor and select the File Formats > ECW Image Files category. ERDAS IMAGINE File tab > Preferences
  • Specify a lower value for the Target ECW Compression preference, then save your preference changes.

I would encourage you to perform some mosaic tests using a smaller subset of your data to find your optimal ECW compression ratio before mosaicking all of the images.

Regards,

Stephen Bent
Hexagon Geospatial Support

Contributor

Re: MosaicPro - bad resolution to create mosaic to ecw format

Hi, thanks for the response,

I performed some tests in MosaicPro with two images, they were exported to ecw format correctly, but when loading all the images the problem continued.

The ratio is the default (20) in RGB.

My Solution

I had to save the mosaic in IMG format, then export to ECW format, so the final mosaic is fine.

Note:

MosaicPro probably has some limitation with large tiles when exporting directly to ECW format or maybe the cache folder did not support it, but the computer never ran out of disk space.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.