Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Multi-path execution

[ Edited ]

Folks,

Are there any rules that determine which order nodes are traversed when there are multiple output connections?

Rather than irritating error message, I wanted a controlled exit from my recipe and forked a Relational operator to a RequireCondition and IfElse. Despite my best efforts, ERDAS kept bumbling along the path through IfElse. The order links are placed didn't seem to have an effect nor does the position of nodes (although decreasing Y seems to dictate the order of PortInputs). Is it arbitrary, based on the alphabetical order of the operator name (or alias I would hope so I can control it), or other?

Regards

Staff

Re: Multi-path execution

Hi Noel,

Can you attach a copy of your spatial model? The Spatial Modeler uses Data Flow architecture which means that the order of operation is not explicitly defined, but is determined implicitly by the connections in the model. This is different from a Flow Control architecture where the sequence of steps is specified by the connectivity of the steps.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial

Frequent Contributor

Hi Stephen, 

I have a screenshot of the model in a status report posted on Hexagon's IGNITE Dropbox. (Michelle Mostowy @hex  might be able to give you access). If you need the gdmx, I can Dropbox or email it.

Regards

Staff

Here is a screenshot showing a section of the original model with the problem area circled in red. 

multi-path1.jpg

Staff

Hi Noel,

The way your model currently is set up, the Add Centroid Attributes and Gen Feature Centroids will be executed regardless of the result of the GT test, but the Add Centroid Attributes will get a NULL from the If Else if the test is false.

We would recommend moving the Add Centroid Attributes & Gen Feature Centroids to before the If Else like so:

multi-path3.jpg

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Stephen!

Frequent Contributor

I still think there should be some way to explicitly define the order of execution (using for example an attribute on the edges).

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.