Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

No LAS file gets generated at SGM

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. It is my first try of generating SGM in ERDAS Imagine. 

When I do all my settings for SGM based on X-Pro the process starts in a command line, but disappears very fast so I can't see what's in there. After a few seconds the command lines stop popping up and I don't get any error or success message. If I have a look into the folder, where the LAS files should be stored, there is just a *.bls and a *.bcf file. 

And yes I checked that the LAS files should be generated on a RGB base. 

See attached screenshot and log file contained in the zip file.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Staff

Re: No LAS file gets generated at SGM

[ Edited ]

Stefan,

Have you installed Image Station Ratser Utilities (ISRU) on your machine? 

XPro SGM requires images have pyramid layers generated using ISRU. if you don't have ISRU installed, SGM may be failing on your machine immediately because the images don't have pyramid layers in a format needed by XPro SGM. 

You may download ISRU from  https://download.hexagongeospatial.com/downloads/imagestation/imagestation-raster-utilities-5-2-800

Regards, Sam

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes I've installed ISRU before trying to generate the LAS files. The status is green in the XPro SGM dialog and the folder contains images, which are 3x bigger then the original files.

I've attached a video, where you can see the steps I took and maybe you'll find a hint what is wrong.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Staff

[ Edited ]

This issue has been solved with installing an ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 1

https://download.hexagongeospatial.com/downloads/imagine/erdas-imagine-2018-update-1

Kind Regards,
Marina Vardovska
Hexagon Geospatial Support
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.