Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

No data 255 to 0

Hi all,

I have orthophoto stored as single 4 band ECW file (~150 GB).

There is large areas with no data stored as 255 pixels.

Is there any way to change all 255 pixels to 0?

Best regards,

Mladen 

Staff

Re: No data 255 to 0

Hello Mladen,

It can be done using Spatial Modeler, mainly with the Replace No Data With operator.

If "255" value is defined as NoData, so model will look like below:

2018-05-25 13_30_19-Start.png

Let me know if that will work for you.

Kind Regards,
Marina Vardovska
Hexagon Geospatial Support
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Remember to make sure you don't have any (valid) 0s in your imagery first! You'll probably also want to set 0 as the output NoData value to use in the Raster Output operator.

You may wish to review the various discussions on the topic of NoData before proceeding:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Spatial-Recipes/Handling-NoData-in-Spatial-Modeler/ta-p/95...

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

That said - if your original image is an ECW I'm surprised that it's not using a Mask (as opposed to a data value) to store the NoData locations.. That would be the usual way to store NoData in ECW.

If it's not using a Mask have you tried adding one? If it's a v2 ECW you can add a mask after the file has been created (using Create ECW Transparency). You can't do this if it's a v3 ECW because a mask already exists in the file (ECW v3 is always created with a mask layer). Which means you probably have a v2 if the file has value-based NoData rather than mask-based. 

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.