Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

PALSAR processing using ERDAS Imagine

Dear all,

I am just a new user of ERDAS Imagine software so I have a ton of trouble with it.

I am processing the PALSAR data level 1.1. I want to convert to sigma-nought and beta-nought, but I can not find the band math tool (like as ENVI software). What should I do?

Besides, how to resample pixel in azimuth and resample the spatial resolution of SAR data. I try the resample tool in this software but it didn't work. Sorry that I ask you some silly questions like that.

Best,

CT

Staff

Re: PALSAR processing using ERDAS Imagine

Hi CT,

It is not possible to convert ALOS PALSAR data to Beta Nought or Sigma Nought using ERDAS IMAGINE at this time. The Radar Conversions tool does not support ALOS PALSAR data. I will submit an enhancement request to update ERDAS IMAGINE’s Radar Conversions tool to support ALOS PALSAR Level 1.1 data.

You can use the Ortho Resampling tool to resample the spatial resolution of your SAR data. For your ALOS PALSAR Level 1.1 data, select the file that begins with “LED…” for the input file. Use the Output Cell Size X and Y fields to adjust the pixel size to your desired spatial resolution.

ERDAS IMAGINE > Raster tab > Radar Toolbox > Geometric Tools > OrthoResample

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Staff

I have updated enhancement change request # 1-1IO8-1800 to add support for ALOS PALSAR data in ERDAS IMAGINE’s Radar Conversions tool.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

New Contributor

Thank for your reply.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.