Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Problem orthorectifying WorldView-2 imagery

[ Edited ]

Hi support team,

I have got an error (below) when I was using ERDAS Imagine to Orthorectify a WorldView-2 imagery. During the process I have followed all the steps: Imporing DigitalGlobe tile file; orthorectifying with DEM already available in side "Elevation Library" developed by ERDAS Imagine developers. However, when I click "Ok" in the "resample window" which is the last step, an error appeared as follows:

"Parse error; Illegal character, ETXT_LCHAR('/'), at start of <OptFileNodeSubList> in position 44".

I tried many times changing output names but no solution! Would you have any suggestion about this error? Thanks for your answer!

Staff

Re: Problem orthorectifying WorldView-2 imagery

This error may be caused a data directory name that ends with an open parentheses. For example: C:\data(

Or it could be a file name that contains an open parentheses followed by a slash. For example: input.img(/image)

What is the name of your input image file? Can you provide an example of your directory path that may contain symbols such as open parentheses and slashes? Please try removing any symbols from the file name and directory names before attempting to resample the image.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried...

The data directory name that I have used has not open parentheses or the file name doesn't contain an open parentheses followed by a slash. The following are the names I have used:

• Data directory name (for input file) = [D:\Education\Masters\Research semister (3rd)\THESIS\DigitalGlobe satellite downloads_Copy\MUL]
  • Data directory name (for output file) = [D:\Education\Masters\Research semister (3rd)\THESIS\DigitalGlobe satellite downloads_Copy\Image processing try 1\MUL\Orthorectification]
  • File name (input as a TIL file) = [16feb18074855-m2as-057274436010_01_p001.img]
  • File name (input as a RPB file) = [16FEB18074855-M2AS-057274436010_01_P001.RPB]
  • Elevation file, default globaldem2.jp2, that is supplied with the software by ERDAS is used as input.
  • File name (output as img) = [Ortho_try_1.img]

I have used the above directory path and file name accordingly, however, the error is the same when I click ok to resample.

Thanks for your usual cooperation!

Staff

The problem is being caused by the parentheses in your folder name “Research semister (3rd)”. If you remove the parentheses from this folder name (ex. “Research semister 3rd”) the resample process will work correctly.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much sbent! It worked finally Smiley Happy

Since I am new for WorldView-2 imagery, the problem was hard to me. I hope in the future we will exchange an idea again with another topic. Smiley Happy

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.