Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Valued Contributor
Accepted Solution

RPC Frame Editor - Chipping tab

Hello every body,

I would like to create a .blk using a subset from a WorldView3 image. I have the RPC file of the entire scene and would like to calculate the RPCs for the subset. I think I have to use the Chipping Tab for do that:

sdfd.JPG

I don't know what values use for the parameters in the above image.
Can someone please help me?
Thank you very much!

Staff

Re: RPC Frame Editor - Chipping tab

[ Edited ]

Hello,

If you click help on RPC Frame Editor Chipping Tab, you will get the detailed information about the parameters.

You should have the whole image (original full image) as well as the subset images.

The values x' and y' correspond to pixel coordinates in the full image.

The values x and y correspond to pixel coordinates in the chip.

Row Offset and Column Offset are the offset values between the full image and the chip. Please open two windows in IMAGINE viewer and load the full and the chip image. Then record the pixel coordinates in the full image that corresponds to chip images upper left pixel coordinates (0,0). The pixel coordinates in the full image are the Row Offset and Column Offset values.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Valued Contributor

Thank you very much!

Regards

Valued Contributor

This is the only way to generate RPC for a subset image or there is another, more automatic, way?

Maybe with the Spatial Modeler? Or there is a way to automatically populate those parameters in the Chipping Tab?

Thank you

Staff

If the subset image is already calibrated, you could use RPC Generation tool to create a new RPC. If the original image has RPC and you want to subset the image and automatically generate a new RPC for the subset, there is no tool available at the moment. If you request this feature please log a Service Request on this topic.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Thank you!

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.