Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Re: Imagine Objective crashes

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm Dwima.

I have a problem with My ERDAS IMAGINE. It always stopped working when I opened some raster data. What am I going wrong here? and what must I do? 

IMAGINE Has stopped working2.JPG

Thank you

Regards,

Dwima.

Staff

ERDAS IMAGINE crashes when loading image

Hi Dwima,

Is this issue related to IMAGINE Objective? It looks like the problem occurs when loading an ER Mapper image (*.ers) into either a spatial model or the 2D View. Does the ERDAS IMAGINE session log provide any information about what is happening? Does this only happen with the ER Mapper images? Does the same thing occur when trying to load an image from the ERDAS IMAGINE example data set?

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Occasional Contributor

Re: ERDAS IMAGINE crashes when loading image

Hi, Stephen Bent. 

Yup, The same thing occurs when I'm trying to load an img file.  

erdas imagine stopped working.jpg

My hypothesis is the operating system on my computer, it is windows 7 enterprise and it is not compatible with ERDAS IMAGINE 2018. What do you think?  

Regards,

Dwima

Staff

That could be the problem. Do you have access to another computer with a supported operating system where you can install ERDAS IMAGINE? The supported operating systems for ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 can be found on page 26 of the Release Guide.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Technical Evangelist

...and have you made sure your display drivers are up to date and correct for the hardware being used?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Yup, I checked my operating system requirement and display drivers are up to date and correct. So, I installed the other operating system and re-install my ERDAS IMAGINE 2018. And it is run well. 

Thank you for helping me guys 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.