Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SPOT 2 HRV 2 BIL NIVEAU 1B, PGS SPIM DAT format Data ISSUES IN ERDAS and APOLLO

Hello,

we have numerous data formats from different satellites, some are un-known to us!

I would like to ask few questions depending on each format type. I am using ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 and APOLLO 2018

I will post each format in a separate question.

First is “SPOT 2  HRV 2  BIL  NIVEAU 1B” PGS SPIM DAT format.

The data directory and files are as below:

Y:\131-304

│   CD_DIR.FIL

│  

└───SCENE01

IMAG_01.DAT

LEAD_01.DAT

NULL_01.DAT

TRAI_01.DAT

VOLD_01.DAT

Sample of Leader file, Trailer file and vold file, with .DAT extensions is attached herewith.

• In earlier version of ERDAS like ERDAS 7.5 etc., I use to import it as generic binary or SPOT SPIM.
  • But since our data is huge, it is difficult to import the files one by one.
  • Also I couldn’t run as batch, as I couldn’t find “SPOT (CAP/SPIN)” format in the drop down list of “Files of type” when wanted to “Add Files” in the Batch Command Editor. However, the same is available initially, in the Import dialogue under, Format: drop down list.

Hence, I would like to know the following questions:

1. Is there any way to directly display this data type in the ERDAS viewer, without needing to import first?
  2. How can I import multiple data set in batch? After knowing the issue that: “I couldn’t find “SPOT (CAP/SPIN)” format in the drop down list of “Files of type” when wanted to “Add Files” in the Batch Command Editor. However, the same is available initially, in the Import dialogue under, Format: drop down list”
  3. Can APOLLO directly this format and publish, without needing to first import through ERDAS?

PS: Unable to attach the .DAT files with error message, invalid extensions. Tried by renaming the extension to .TXT bu same error.

Best Regards

RSGIS

Technical Evangelist

Re: SPOT 2 HRV 2 BIL NIVEAU 1B, PGS SPIM DAT format Data ISSUES IN ERDAS and APOLLO

Hi RSGIS,

In the Batch Editor have you tried typing *.* (or imag_*.dat) to select the additional input files?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Re: SPOT 2 HRV 2 BIL NIVEAU 1B, PGS SPIM DAT format Data ISSUES IN ERDAS and APOLLO

Hi, Ian,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, right now I tried, I am able to select, but I have hundreds of files, for each file I have to do this which will consume more time.

Also, I encountered another problem, It is outputting to same output directory overwriting the earlier converted file in batch, as all he input files names are imag_01.dat

Also is there anyway I define main folder and it search all the .dat files in 100's of sub-folder and out put to original input file folder

What about my questions related to APOLLO and direct read in viewer ?

Thanks 

RSGIS

Technical Evangelist

but I have hundreds of files, for each file I have to do this which will consume more time.

>Batch Editor has a Multiple File Selection tab which should help you out there (assuming you've organised your directories in a neat fashion)

Also, I encountered another problem, It is outputting to same output directory overwriting the earlier converted file in batch, as all he input files names are imag_01.dat

> ah, the joys of SPOT Image's old file format which gave every image the same name. The move to DIMAP v2 was a welcome paradigm shift. Yes - you'll need to use the Batch Editor's variable editor capabilites to create a unique output naming convention, e.g. just putting a number count on the end of the root name.

Also is there anyway I define main folder and it search all the .dat files in 100's of sub-folder and out put to original input file folder

> Yes - see above

What about my questions related to APOLLO and direct read in viewer ?

> You might want to post the ERDAS APOLLO question in the ERDAS APOLLO discussion forum. ERDAS IMAGINE does not have a way to direct read the old SPIM format, just the importer.

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.