Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

STEREO PAIRS FOR CADASTER

Hello good day to everyone

First of all, I want to thank you because you have helped me before.

Today I turn to the group to request guidance, I am working on a cadastral issue, and I want to apply digital stereoscopic techniques to generate a 3D model of the constructions, I am thinking of acquiring high resolution images to perform this process, but I do not know which are the ones I should request, I know that there are several versions of stereo images but I do not know which are the ones indicated to work in ERDAS 2018, is this possible? If someone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I am new at this.

NOTE:

The area is a dense urban area in Mexico, and I am looking at the possibility of acquiring WorldView-3 images.

Staff

Re: STEREO PAIRS FOR CADASTER

Hi,

WorlView-3 imagery is supported in ERDAS IMAGINE, so you are good if that is what you want to use. You mention you will be building 3D models of construction (buildings?).

What Application from the ERDAS IMAGINE family of products are you going to use to collect the models?

Regards, Sam

New Contributor

Hello, very good day, yes, I want to rebuild the buildings and try to use Analyst Stereo, although I do not know and there is a better one. But, as I said, I do not know what kind of images I should request, (STEREO BASIC, ORTHO READY STEREO) Can you advise on the subject? It would be very much appreciated, it is of great importance.

@SamMegenta wrote:

Hi,

WorlView-3 imagery is supported in ERDAS IMAGINE, so you are good if that is what you want to use. You mention you will be building 3D models of construction (buildings?).

What Application from the ERDAS IMAGINE family of products are you going to use to collect the models?

Regards, Sam

@SamMegenta wrote:

Hi,

Regards, Sam

Cordially, Oscar.

Staff

According to Digital Globe, the main distinction is the minimum size.

They advise "Customers ordering stereo products who require a small area of interest (AOI) should order the Ortho Ready Standard Stereo Product while customers requiring large area coverage should opt for the Basic Stereo Product"

The minimum area for ordering Ortho Ready Standard Stereo Product is 100 sq km, while it is 200 sq km for the Basic Stereo product.

You can read more at https://dgv4-cms-production.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/document/file/110/DG_Stereo_DS-02-2019.pdf

Stereo Analyst is the right tool for generating 3D models.

Best regards, Sam

New Contributor

Excellent, I appreciate the support, just one last question, Will you have a manual or guide for a stereo analyst, to develop 3D models?

Staff

Hi Oscar,

You can find a user guide for Stereo Analyst on our Documentation Portal. Click on the link below.

Stereo Analyst User Guide

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.