Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Save As carry over from previous project in AutoSync cause problems ?

Hello,

I have a question for you that keeps me annoy and puzzle here………

So I have been working on AutoSync a lot lately and I just discovered that when I “save as” a project and to do one historical aerial photo that I am struggle with.

Before I go into deeper details, When I first start working on a new project in AutoSync and I add a lot of raw photos( about 9 of them)  and I did georeferenced each of them ( 8 of them) . Well when I worked on one of them out of 9 photos and one of them did not work very well...

So I had to “Save As” as a new one that I carry over from the last project and I had to remove 8 of the raw and georeferenced from the project and kept the one that I had a struggle with…

So when I work on it a few times and didn’t get right and the same results ….

So finally I decided to start all over again by creating a New Project again and add the raw photo and the reference image to the new project.

So when I did the control points a few of them and ran the APM and this time I got it right….

So my question to you is why does that work? Does the Save As a project from the last previous cause problems?  Do I need to open a new project every time I work on a new project?

Cheers

Staff

Re: Save As carry over from previous project in AutoSync cause problems ?

Hi Robert,

If there was a problem with the first project then there is a good chance that same problem will exist in the second “save as” project that was essentially created from the first one. Starting a new project for the single photo is a good plan in this situation.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Contributor

That is what I did and I notice that it worked..

But what if you want to change the project and I think it doesn't work either..

Is it a known bug ?

Thanks

Staff

It is hard to tell without knowing the exact details of your project, but one would assume that if there is a problem in the initial project it will be carried over into the new “save as” project. If there are no problems with a project and you use “save as” to create a new project file then there should not be any problems in the new project, at least initially.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Highlighted
Contributor

Ok Thank you !

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.