Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

Saving Imagery with radiometric adjustment for viewing in other engines?

Hi Guys,

I have an image that looks great in Imagine with it's current adjustment, however when I save the image and view it in mapinfo Mapimagery the image has a blue-ish filter over the top which renders it less visually appealing.

I have noted that this blue-ish filter over the image makes the image look exactly the same as if I were to apply a left-right percentage adjustment in imagine to the same image. However when I put the image into mapimagery I have selected to have no contrast stretch adjustment yet it stills appears with the blue-ish filter over the top.

Is there a way I can save/ export the image from imagine such that it will naturally look the way it does in imagine with whatever adjustment it currently has so that when I view it in Mapinfo/ Mapimagery it will look exatly the same?

Regular Contributor

Re: Saving Imagery with radiometric adjustment for viewing in other engines?

Hiya. You've a couple of options. Either run the image through the LUT Stretch tool (Raster tab > Radiometric) or, if you're exporting to tif, ecw, jpeg2000 for instance, click on the Data Stretch button and if you've saved an enhancement you'll be able to apply it there.

New Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I tested the LUT stretch, and while it worked for one of the images, the other two I am using of the same area at different time periods have this same error coming up when I try to LUT stretch them: "Column Contrast does not exist".

Any advice on how to fix this?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

You'll only be able to apply a custom contrast stretch if there is one applied. For the other two, click on Adjust Radiometry on the Multispectral tab, select an enhancement and then click on the save button on the quick access toolbar. That should save the enhancement and you'll be able to apply it in the LUT stretch.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.