Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Shapefile Analysis

Hi Community, 

I need some help and information about vector analysis in erdas imagine. 

1. I have a shapefile (point type) of a training area for classification processing. Several class for the classification and every class has more than one point, so for example class of "Perum" for settlement represented by separated 15 points and automatically in the attribute table has 15 rows for vegetation class. what tool in erdas imagine that can make 15 points for vegetation class integrated/bundled into 1 row, so each class has a single row whereas they have many points in each class/still multiple points? (I attached the picture for illustration) 
  2. I have a thematic image result of supervised classification and then I converted it into a shapefile by raster to shapefile tool. Then I want to calculate the area. So far that I know, It is highly possible to calculate the area for a thematic image by click "Add Area". Is it possible to calculate the area for shapefile too? 

Thank you and much appreciate,

Regards,

Dwima

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Shapefile Analysis

[ Edited ]

Hi Dwima,

The new Operators being added to Spatial Modeler by the GeoMedia teams provide extremely powerful feature/vector analytics capabilities. I would recommend checking out the Generate Functional Attributes operator as a means of converting multiple features into a single feature with a multi-geometry geometry associated to it.

Merge Features may be a more concise way of performing what you need.

Oh, and Measure Area for the area.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Re: Shapefile Analysis

Hi Ian, 

OK thank you for your help Smiley Very Happy

Regards,

Dwima

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.