Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Signature Editor is not adding signature sets.

Hi, I am using ERDAS Imagine 2014 version and when I am trying to make signature sets using signature editor it is keep giving me this error "Unable to open associated image: d:/m.phil isst/gis/gis raw data/badro jabal/badro mss stack/reflectance.img. Image association may be edited with Edit menu (Image Association...)". 

I am doing supervised classification for the first time and using "DN to reflectance converted image" as input. Please see the attached imaged to get what I am doing. I am following "ERDAS Field Guide" to apply this technique of classification. 

Staff

Re: Signature Editor is not adding signature sets.

I have verified that the functionality works as documented. The error may be particular to your data.

Can you share your data? (if it is large data, do a subset and upload a small sized image)

Thanks, Sam

Technical Evangelist

I wonder if having a "dot" in your file path may be causing an issue?

"d:/m.phil isst/gis"

Those older versions of ERDAS IMAGINE were much less tolerant of such characters in paths than more recent versions. Time to upgrade?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ian. I will check this out to see if thats the issue. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ian. The issue has been resolved. As pointed by you the DOT in the folder name was the issue. I copied my "reflectance" file at desktop and run the signature tool and it ran on the first go. 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.