Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Spectral Analysis

I need to calibrate the spectral reflectance and spectral indices of land cover types from Landsat data. How to create spectral reflectance curve of reflectance (y-axis) vs. wavelength (x-axis)? Could you please give me some suggestions by using ERDAS IMAGINE?

I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Spectral Analysis

Hello,

One way to do this is to open a multispectral image in a 2D viewer > Multispectral tab > Spectral profile (you may need to use the dropdown)(1) > then use the crosshairs button (2) to select the pixel/or pixels you wish to calculate the Spectral profile for. 

You can also use the search tab to find the spectral profile button. 

You may want to edit the Axes as they do not auto-calculate to the spread of the values. Edit > Chart Options > X/Y Axis tabs. 

spectralprofile_edit.JPG

spectralprofile.JPG

Contributor

You would also need to ensure your pixel values are in reflectance. For example you may need to use a tool such as the LAndsat Reflectance Conversion tool under Raster tab > Radiometric 

reflectanceconversion.JPG

New Contributor

Hello EmilyW, 

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.