Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Stealth 3d mouse-(Model S3-V) doesn't work in Erdas Stero Analyst

Hi,

I am struggling with since a long time. I bought one of your products (Stealth 3d mouse) (Model S3-V).

The issue here is that the Erdas 2015 doesn't recognize the product on the Stero Analyst mode when its attached to port (Com2), and I cannot enjoy using the mouse for feature capturing in the Erdas environment!

The weird thing is that the Erdas recognizes the mouse when I use it in the stero point measurement in Erdas after setting the device on port (Com3). But when it comes to the Serto Anayist there are only two ports (com1, com2) the (com3) is not listed, so I configure the mouse to be attached on com 2 and I modify the usb universal port (from the dives manager to com2) and restated my machine, but the issue still there!

I am using windows 10 and my machine recognizes the device when its connected to it (I see that from the devices and printers in the control panel), I tried the mouse on more than one machine and I got the same behavior.

Clip_25.jpg

Clip_26.jpg

Clip_27.jpg

Clip_28.jpg

Clip_29.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Ahmad

Staff

Re: Stealth 3d mouse-(Model S3-V) doesn't work in Erdas Stero Analyst

Hello Ahmad,

Please check our system requirements at below link. As it is stated in note number 9, Stealth S-Mouse (S2-S model) and MOUSE-TRAK are the only supported hand controllers in Stereo Analyst for ERDAS IMAGINE. So S3-V model is not supported in SAfI.  When adding Stealth S2-S model you need to select ABC 3D Puck under Stereo Analyst Options->Features as it is a former version of Stealth and then specify the device port.

http://www.hexagongeospatial.com/technical-documents/release-guides-2016/erdas-imagine-2016-update-v...

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Contributor

Hi Yasemin,

Thank you for your answer, as written in the system requirements the (Stero Analyist and Pro600) doesn’t support the S3-V model, but I have been introduced to a training in Fugro MAPs a year ago, I have worked on the Erdas 2015 and we used Pro600 for feature extraction form the blk, the model used in the feature extraction was S3-V mouse!. I still couldn’t know how it worked!

Thanks,

Ahmad

Contributor

Hi again,

Merry Christmas, I hope that you enjoyed the holidays with your family and friends.

Is there a method to reconfigure the mouse from V type to S-type so I can use it with these products (Stero analyst, or Pro600)

Thank you,

Ahmad

Staff

Hello Ahmad,

Thank you. SAfI only supports Stealth S2-S model and MOUSE-TRAK hand controllers. I am not aware of any method to reconfigure the mouse from V type to S type. However in PRO600 you can use all the mouse that are listed in the system requirements. You can use Stealth V, S3-V type (add as a serial device) in PRO600. Please refer to the system requirements link in my previous note.

Have a healthy happy 2017,

Yasemin

Contributor

Dear Yasemin,

Thank you for the efforts, I am using Pro600 and the S3-V mouse is connected directly to the USB serial port (Com2).

I try to add it to the devices in the viewplex but I couldn’t see the Stealth V-mouse under the available devices. While I can see the Stealth Z-mouse?

What do you think about this issue?

Regards,

Ahmad

Highlighted
Contributor

The issue that I was using Erdas2011 with pro 600, it seems that the s3v mouse was not supported yet in the version. After upgrad to Erdas 2015 every thing is working fine.

Thanks all for help.

Ahmad

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.