Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS: problems with TopoMouse on Windows 10

We are using Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS (Erdas Extensions 2018) with the Intergraph TopoMouse. Since we migrated our OS to Windows 10, Stereo Analyst sometimes doesn't recognise the TopoMouse. We then have to restart ArcMap and/or the computer.

We are using the latest driver (Windows Driver Package - Silicon Laboratories (WinUSB) 6.7.2.0). I haven't found a newer driver.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS: problems with TopoMouse on Windows 10

Hi Barbara,

the following community discussion might help though it recommends the driver you have already installed.

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/ERDAS-IMAGINE/USB-TopoMouse-doesn-t-work-under-PRO600/td-...

Ruth

New Contributor

Hi Ruth,

I saw this discussion, but it's exactly what I do and what used to work with Windows 7 and 8. It also works for Windows 10, but sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks,

Barbara

Staff

Hello Barbara,

When you say sometimes it doesn’t work, do you mean a specific functionality? If so, which tool?

Is system mouse added in the devices list as well? Or only Topomouse? If Topomouse is the only mouse added in SAfA, please add the system mouse in the devices list as well. After adding the system mouse click in the stereo window and press “F3” to enable the collection mode and test if the problem is still there or not.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

New Contributor

Hello Yasemin

I mean that the topomouse is not recognized by Stereo Analyst. I.e. when you go to

Stereo Analyst - Devices... - TopoMouseUSB - ButtonMappings

and click on a button --> nothing is displayed (instead of the command that is assigned to this button).

I tried with the system mouse, and it works.

I found out that this is probably not a Windows 10 problem, but a USB 3 problem (i.e. when the topomouse is plugged into a USB 3 port).

Best regards,

Barbara

New Contributor

It is a USB 3.0 problem. When the topomouse is plugged into a USB 2.0 port, everything works fine.

As we don't have USB 2.0 ports any more in our computers, we plugged the mouse into USB 2.0 ports in our screens.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.