Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Symbol rotation in Map Composer

[ Edited ]

Hi. I'd like to add directional symbols to a map. I know that using Annotation you can change the orientation, but is there any way of doing this with Shapefiles using a rotation attribute? Cheers, Johnnie

Staff

Re: Symbol rotation in Map Composer

Hi Johnnie,

I'm afraid there's no attribute adjustment available for shapefile rotation in IMAGINE. What type of map were you referencing? You can adjust the rotation orientation of the shapefile in the Viewer and save that shapefile orientation in a Map View. Don't know if that gets you any closer to what you're looking for. This proccedure works for lines and polygons but point symbols are not rotated in the Viewer.

regards,

Jeff

Regular Contributor

No, no closer I'm afraid. Say I had a point coverage of CCTV cameras with an attribute giving a degree value for the way each one was pointing. In Arc and QGIS I'm able to use this attribute to rotate each symbol so that it points at the angle given in the attribute. I don't think I can do this in IMAGINE. Unless you know different! Cheers, Johnnie

Highlighted
Staff

Afraid you're right. Can't do this in IMAGINE.

Regards,

Jeff

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.