Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

TIFF file size limit and Pleiades SGM DEM extraction

I have a particularly large Pleades Tri-Stereo image I am trying to use in the SGM module. When I load the images and click beside Not Ready in the status column, I choose to Create Tridicon Intermediate Files for "All Pairs Without Needed Files." At that point I get the error message "File will exceed the TIFF limit of 4 GB. Please save to a different format."

How do I choose a different format?

Occasional Contributor

Re: TIFF file size limit and Pleiades SGM DEM extraction

Alternatively, is it possible to split a Pleiades image into smaller tiles while preserving all the various metadata and image orientations?

Highlighted
Staff

Re: TIFF file size limit and Pleiades SGM DEM extraction

If you are using the RPC model, you can split the image and still use the RPC data of the full image. You will have to know row/column offset and specify it as chipping parameter.

You can get more information about using chipped images at https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/XWswM6TZr3V__hu3iKjbGA/Gx9DhrV~DifYp57rCImdvw

Best regards, Sam

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.