Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to run ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 (64 bit and 32 bit)

I installed ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 a week ago. I have a student license. Previously, I had ERDAS IMAGINE 2015  and it operated smoothly and fast. After I upgraded to 2018, the program has become slow and UI of tools takes a long time to appear. Last time, after I selected the tool, the UI was not opening so I closed the program in the middle of processing. After that, I am not able to open ERDAS IMAGINE. However, when I try to open the program, the background process is shown in Task Manager.

Staff

Re: Unable to run ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 (64 bit and 32 bit)

1. What operating system do you have ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 installed on?
  2. Have you restarted your system before trying to run ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 again?
  3. Are you accessing a remote license server over a network?
  4. Do you have an anti-virus program running? Try turning it off before attempting to launch ERDAS IMAGINE 2018.
  5. Are there any errors reported in the ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 session log? You can find the log file in your system’s $HOME directory. Please feel free to attach the session log file to this discussion topic.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

New Contributor

Hello, sbent!

Sorry for my late reply.

I use Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64). Yes, I restarted the PC before running ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 for the first time. And I'm using stand-alone student license. But, I had not turned off Windows's default antivirus while installing the software.

Actually, I found out that the problem is due to Windows update and drivers. So, I updated the drivers, uninstalled and software and installed it again. Now, it's fine.

Thank you for your reply.

Occasional Contributor

Any idea of exactly which drivers? I am facing this exact issue.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.