Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff

Why can't I find ER Mapper in ERDAS IMAGINE

I have installed ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 but I cannot find how to start ER Mapper.

Staff

Re: Why can't I find ER Mapper in ERDAS IMAGINE

ER Mapper is an option component of the ERDAS IMAGINE installation. When installing ERDAS IMAGINE you must make sure that the option to install ER Mapper is installed.

InstallERMapper.png 

Once the installation is complete, there will be an "ERDAS ER Mapper 2018" entry in the start menu. Here is an example from Windows 10:

ER Mapper Start Menu.png 

Staff

Hi,

While installing ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 , did you also select the ER Mapper component in the installation options? If you had also selected ERDAS ER Mapper, then you should be able to see ERDAS ER Mapper 2018  as well as ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 in the list of the programs installed as seperate softwares.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Partha

Technical Evangelist

Hi Brad,

But what if I've already installed ERDAS IMAGINE and forgot to turn that option on? Can I just add ER MApper to an existing installation without needing to re-install everything?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

[ Edited ]

Ian is right. You only need to add ER Mapper without installing everything. BUT, I'm pretty sure if you install ER Mapper as a stanadlone component, you will need to rebuild the ER Mapper help after the installation. This is true for 2016, not sure about 2018.

Help files are installed by a configuration utility at the end of the ERDAS software installation. If ER Mapper is not installed side by side with IMAGINE, the ER Mapper help files are not installed. Kind of makes sense. Why install ERM help when there is no ERM product to install it under? I'm not sure why the ER Mapper help isn't installed with the standalone ER Mapper installation.

Two ways to do this:

• Run the IMAGINE install setup.exe > Configuration -  Modify, repair, or remove
  • Run C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS IMAGINE 2016\bin\Win32Release\ConfigurationManager.exe

Regards,

Jeff

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.