Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Will a single stereo satellite image pair work with the Tridicon SGM DTM extraction option?

I have stereo pairs of Worldview 3 satellite imagery. I was wondering if I would be able to use the Tridicon SGM option to generate a DTM from a single image pair as my image pairs have no to very little overlap. All the examples that I have seen online have used multiple image pairs for DTM extraction, is this necessary?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Will a single stereo satellite image pair work with the Tridicon SGM DTM extraction option?

To add to this, I have tried to follow the steps as shown in the 'tutorial' video by Hexagon, however, I ended up with copies of my images in the output directory and no point cloud was generated. (this process also only took a minute or so, so I'm pretty sure that no points were even calculated.) 

Regular Contributor

Re: Will a single stereo satellite image pair work with the Tridicon SGM DTM extraction option?

HI. A single stereo pair works fine using Tridicon. However, a stereo pair with no overlap isn't a stereo pair I'm afraid! You need two images with different look angles that cover the same area for a stereo pair. Cheers, Johnnie

Occasional Contributor

Sorry if I didn't explain it clearly, I have 3 stereo pairs with good overlap of >80% (between 2 images). However, there is no overlap between the pairs

Regular Contributor

Ah, in which case that should be fine. Does your block file look OK?

Occasional Contributor

I think so, it works fine with the eATE DTM extraction

Regular Contributor

Do you have a license for SGM? Educational licenses do not include it as standard.

Occasional Contributor

It turns out that we didn't have the license that we thought we did. Nonetheless, Thank you for your help

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.