Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cm
Regular Visitor

create AOI equivalent to footprint in ERDAS IMAGINE (v16.1)

[ Edited ]

Is there a quick way to create an AOI layer that surrounds the entire raster perimeter similar to the Footprint layer command?

I want an AOI layer that is exactly equivalent to what would be created by the "Create new Footprint Layer" command.

I can do this via many intermediate steps involving saving to shapefile etc., but the goal is to be able to do this in quick and easily repeated manner from one raster to another.

Technical Evangelist

Re: create AOI equivalent to footprint in ERDAS IMAGINE (v16.1)

Does it have to be an AOI? If a shapefile is acceptable, then this type of approach should give you an easily repeatable (and batchable) capability:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Spatial-Recipes/Generate-Footprint-for-Ortho-image-2016/ta...

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: create AOI equivalent to footprint in ERDAS IMAGINE (v16.1)

Looks like you edited your orignal post while I was typing and specified no shapfiles, so that's not the right approach.

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.