Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

interferometry

hi, i am a newbie to use erdas, is there possible to process DinSAR using alos palsar 1 in ERDAS IMAGINE?

thanks before

Highlighted
Staff

Re: interferometry

ALOS PALSAR data is supported in ERDAS IMAGINE’s SAR Interferometry tools. Interferometric pairs must be from the same processing facility, or at least facilities operating exactly the same SAR Processor (focusing) software. Otherwise, phase errors will be introduced.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

New Contributor

Hi Stephen, thanks for your reply, i have alos palsar1 level 1.1, is this ready to use in erdas imagine?

Thanks before!

Staff

Yes, ALOS PALSAR level 1.1 is the single-look complex (SLC) product and you need SLC data for interferometric processing

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent

New Contributor

Dear all,
I'm new on erdas and I need your support.
I have to obtain the vertical displacement of a place and I have applied all the steps of Interferometry / displacement mapping.
I have found an old guide of erdas about it but there some differents with my version (erdas imagine 2018).
First of all I would like to know if someone can send me a new guide of dinsar interferometry and after, below there are my questions:
- the guide that I have found says that I have to choise as input file two images and the globaldem2.jp2 provided by erdas as DEM.
After this selection I should click on the blue satellite in the high right corner in order to set the orbit but I cannot click on it.
Why? Wich could be the problem?
Anyway I have proceeded with the others step (leaving the default settings without change anything because I am not able to choose in this moment the right settings) and I have obtained the vertical displacement results.
At this point I have to analyze the results considering the vertical displacement of differents geo location and I have only found the option "inquire" in order to have them.
I have inserted the coordinate and in low appears a table with a value.
Is it the value of the vertical displacement of that coordinate?
If yes, wich is the unit of measure of this value?
Thanks in advance for your support.
best regards.

Staff

The current version of Hexagon Geospatial’s Radar Interferometry User Guide can be found on the Documentation Portal.

D-InSAR Concept and Workflow

The blue satellite icon in the top-right corner of the Differential InSAR tool is used to reset the flight paths to their original state for the reference and match images. This information is derived from the image file headers. This button is enabled only when the reference or match image flight path have been adjusted.

You are correct to use the Inquire Cursor tool to check the displacement values. The unit of measure for the Line-of-Sight, Vertical and Horizontal motion output data is meters.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

New Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.