Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ash
New Contributor

single (band) raster to RGB

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I am trying to convert gray scale raster into 3 band RGB

I get an error while using thematic to RGB function.. 

error when i use tiff - calloc could not allocate space for Egda_BaseData data

erroe when i use Img file - "thematicity does not match"

Is there any way i can create gray raster (values range between20- 3000) to three colour RGB. 

thanks in advance,

Ash

Staff

Re: single raster to RGB

Hi Ash,

You are getting those errors because the input raster image does not contain thematic data. An easy way to convert your single-layer image into a three-layer RGB image is to display the data in an IMAGINE 2D View at a 1:1 scale and then selecting File > Save As > View As Image. In the Select Output File dialog enter a filename for the output raster under the File tab, then click the Options tab and ensure that the Area to Use option is set to Full and the Output Image Size width and height options are both set to 100%. Click OK to create your new RGB raster image.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Technical Evangelist

Re: single raster to RGB

HI Ash,

Stephen's suggestion will work great for producing an 8-bit RGB. If you want to retain the 16-bit nature of your input Pan image you could do something like this:

RGB.PNG

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.