GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Access Denied Popup Message GMSC Admin

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew how I could go about changing this access denied message to display alternative text.

This message pops up when a user has not started their workflow properly so it is supposed to indicate to them they can not place a fetaure because a job is not open.

I would like the popup message to tell the user what the problem is ie 'Please open a job before you attempt to place a feature' rather than Access Denied.

Is this possible?

accessdenied.png

Staff

Re: Access Denied Popup Message GMSC Admin

In a custom script you may subscribe to the on form:ready event, check the condition that will give you the "access denied" error and then show any of the dialogs provided by the Javascript API:

http://smartclient.intergraph.at/documentation/JSUtilDialogs

You may even redirect the user directly to the needed node or ask the user if he wants to proceed.

HTH,
Stefano
Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial