GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Add feature from Postgis problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm trying to add to configuration some new features from postgres database. But in GMSC 2016 console I can't see any tables from my database.(While in other applications i.e database utulities I can see it) What can be the reason?

Technical Evangelist

Re: Add feature from Postgis problem

GMSC does not use GeoMedia metadata, but it strongly requires a feature class to have a geometry field named "geometry_spa". Check if that cannot be the problem.

Pavel

Regular Contributor

I've made this feature class in GeoMedia and used Output to Feature Class function to copy it to postgres. Field geometry looks as follows:

zizu_7.png

Regular Contributor

Moreover, when I register class manually using New Feature-Database - it works and can be displayed on the map. So why the same table is not visible on the available tables list, when using Import Feature From-Database? 

zizu_8.png

Regular Contributor

I've found another interesting table, that was also copied to postgres by GeoMedia. I've configured feature in gmsc2016 and after displaying on the map I can see the error:

2018-04-11 11:42:39 SEVERE: The following tile can't be loaded because of an exception! [OnlineFeatureTile[feature=11, identifier=00004a, bounds=[365821.98,655750.68,439157.84,615125.78]]] --> [pool-14-thread-4] com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call
java.io.IOException: The MapService returns the following status code: 500 The MapService returns an Internal Server Error.
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.handleHttpResponse(LiveDataLoader.java:266)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.download(LiveDataLoader.java:202)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.processTile(LiveDataLoader.java:116)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:63)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:57)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Technical Evangelist

Hi mzebrows,

Are the postgis tables in the 'public' schema or some other schema in your PostgreSQL database?

There is a known issue that GMSC is not seeing tables from PostgreSQL database outside of the 'public' schema on version 2016. This is affecting the 'Import Feature From' database functionality.

GMSC 2018 contains the resolution to this bug and the forthcoming GMSC 2016 EP 4 will as well.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ok, that explains why I cannot see this tables.