GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Attaching files to emails

Hello!

I'm trying to attach files to emails sended automatically using a mailtrigger.  Looking at the documentation, i can't find a lot of info, so i've got some questions.

It's there a way to add one(or multiple) files when i've only the path to the file in my database? Or it only works if I store the file directly in my DB?

I've tried both ways without luck. How should i config my workflow/form?

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Attaching files to emails

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I will ask our GMSC consultants to take a look this and get back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Frank

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hello,

In order to use attachments an extension is needed.  Please see the attached custom trigger example.

A much simpler approach would be including an URL in the body of the email for each file to be downloaded. The hyperlink can be composed by variables to get the full http path. Something like this:

http://localhost/WorkflowFiles/{FORM.APPLICATIONNUMBER}/{FORM.FileNameNew}

Hope this helps

Regards,

Frank

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply!

I didn't thought of adding the file as a hyperlink. It should work nicely, but i've found that the files that i'm uploading with GMSC don't have any permission enabled for the IIS users, and then the hyperlinks don't work. 

I've given permissions to the folder where i'm uploading the files, and allowed the included files to inherit the permissions, but still won't work. If i copy manually the same file, it inherits the permissions without problems.

If its any help, here's the settings that i'm using to upload files:

<FormFile name="ATTACHMENTS"  datatype="file" multiple="false" filenamefield="DESC_ATTACH"
uploaddir="C:\inetpub\wwwroot\attachmentfiles" />

Also, another question about sending emails. When sending a email to a list of recipients, it's there a way to do so using BCC?

Highlighted
Staff

Hi,

the files should be uploaded to a folder NETWORK SERVICE has r/w privileges on. I use to create a subfolder in the GMSC Warehouse folder and then to map a specifc IIS virtual directory to that folder. So something like:

uploaddir="C:\GMSC Warehouse\WorkflowFiles\{FORM.APPLICATIONNUMBER}"

that would be mapped to:
http://localhost/WorkflowFiles/{FORM.APPLICATIONNUMBER}/

I don't think there is a possibility to use BCC.

HTH,
Stefano
Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Staff

Hi,

the files should be uploaded to a folder NETWORK SERVICE has r/w privileges on. I use to create a subfolder in the GMSC Warehouse folder and then to map a specifc IIS virtual directory to that folder. So something like:

uploaddir="C:\GMSC Warehouse\WorkflowFiles\{FORM.APPLICATIONNUMBER}"

that would be mapped to:
http://localhost/WorkflowFiles/{FORM.APPLICATIONNUMBER}/

I don't think there is a possibility to use BCC.

HTH,
Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

About the files, I already have a virtual directory on the IIS, and if I add the same file manually, I can access the same file without problems (it inherits the permissions from the folder), but the files uploaded with GMSC don't have any permissions.

If i can't use BCC, it's there an easy way to, instead of sending the same mail to all the recipients, send one copy to each of them?

Highlighted
Staff

Hi,

that's why I was suggesting to use the GMSC warehouse folder. It is working fine in my case.

You can create multiple triggers with different recipients and also use a condition if needed.

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial