GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

CAD Text Symbology for GMSC from file feature - CadServer

Hi there,

Can someone give me some help with displaying the text and geometries from a CadServer Feature in GMSC?

I managed to display the text by setting the GeometryField to "TextGeometry" and type to "Text", but i can't see the lines, points, areas.

If i set it to "CompoundGeometry" and type to "GeometryCollection" i can se all the geometries, but no text.

Please help.

Also, is there a way i can display in the symbology the line type based on the info from the CSD connection?

Thanks,
Cosmin

Technical Evangelist

Re: CAD Text Symbology for GMSC from file feature - CadServer

Hi Cosmin,

Are you using .dgn here? DGN files require setup of the .csd and often as well the .ini depending on the levels and items in the .dgn.

If you are using cells then you may need to add to the .ini file something like to get the text and cell geometry:

SERVE CELL GEOMETRY:TRUE
SERVE CELL TEXT:TRUE

If you have access to GeoMedia WebMap (GWM), GMSC uses the same dataserver and often I will test connect and display the DGN in GWM. Once that is done then GMSC using the Cadserver that comes from GWM should also display it.

I hope there is some ideas there. Some more specific information to your case and what you have in the .csd and .ini already would be helpful.

Contributor

Hi there,

Its a dwg file.

With the csd i've attached i can see the text geometry in GMDesktop or WebMap. I can also see it in GMSC if i set the geometry column to "TextGeometry", but then i won't see the other geometries from the "CompoundGeometry" field.

The problem is that i can't display in the same time the vectors and the text in GMSC.

Please let me know if you need more info. I've attached a zip file containing csd, dwg and csf files.

Thanks a lot,

Cosmin

Technical Evangelist

Hi Cosmin,

I cannot see any attachment, however, why don't you connect the same CAD file twice? Once for geometries and second for texts?

Pavel

Contributor

Hi there,

I know that this workaround exists, but it's kind of counter performance...

I was trying to search for something better, but i see that this is the only way.

Can you help me with displaying the line type from the CSD (dwg) in GMSC? I mean if its dashed in CAD to display it the same in GMSC. I managed to solve the color problem.

Thanks,

Cosmin

Technical Evangelist

Hi Cosmin,

if you care about the performance, then I would recommend you to use GeoMedia or similar tool to transfer your data into PostGIS.

Pavel