GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can I edit geometry configured in Public maps?

Hi,

I'm using GMSC2020.

Our customer needs a solution that gives possibility to edit geometry on map. The problem is, that it should work on web browser (so GMSC java application  can't be used here). I've found, that GMSC2020 gives possibility to show layers on map by Public maps function. But I can only view layers and cannot find a way how to edit geometry. Is it possible to do that? If not, is there any other possibility to edit geometry using web browser?

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Can I edit geometry configured in Public maps?

hi, 

please check this post:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GMSC-Discussions/GMSC-2015-workflow-A-public-action-metho...

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I've checked the link and it looks very promising. 

But I need to create more advanced tools for creating geometry. Are there any other functions apart from activatePointDraw() ?

Highlighted
Staff

the only available method is to capture a point, it is not intended to be used as geometry capturing tool.

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

So I can draw new point/line/polygon but cannot edit existing geometry - is that what You mean?

If so, ale there any other functions except for those three below?

activatePointDraw()
activateLineDraw()
activatePolygonDraw()

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

You can check the mapviewer.js file for functions list. All of the functions are pretty simple and just wrap OpenLayers functions. All mentioned functions will create a geometry that should be possible to save in the session (but I haven't tried with others than points).

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

You can also check this eTraining video:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GMSC-eTraining/Standalone-Workflows-and-Public-Maps-in-Ge...

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

I should also outline, that only the point geometries were tested with GMSC. There's no guarantee that other geometry types will work, but you can try them.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial