GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Could not find the specified connection

Hi,

I'm trying to run GMSC2020 in standalone mode. I've watched https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GMSC-eTraining/Standalone-Workflows-and-Public-Maps-in-Ge... and read http://smartclient.intergraph.at/documentation/Creating_a_new_workflow_%28How_To%29 but I cannot make it running.

In documentation it's said that "Open the Workflow Editor (can be reached under http://server/GMSC/Workflows/Editor) and set the Workflow Wepf directory to C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient\Program\Workflows\MyNewWorkflow.wepf." - where in Workflow Editor can I set such option?

Here's what I've done:

1.I've copied C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient\Program\Workflows folder to C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient\Workflows and publish it in IIS according to documentation.

2.I've made wepf file manually:

projekt_testowy.wepf

project.name=projekt_testowy
resourceSettings.dir=\\App_GlobalResources
formSettings.dir=\\FormSettings
workflowSettings.dir=\\WorkflowSettings

3.I've add connection to Workflow.config file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<section name="unity" type="Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.UnityConfigurationSection, Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration" />
</configSections>

<appSettings>
<add key="Debug" value="false"/>
</appSettings>

<connectionStrings>
<add name="projekt_testowy" connectionString="Data Source=NID;User ID=GMSC;Password=GMSC" providerName="Intergraph.Emea.Data.OracleProvider"/>
</connectionStrings>

<unity>
<typeAliases>
<typeAlias alias="AuthorizationProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IAuthorizationProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
<typeAlias alias="ConnectionProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IConnectionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
<typeAlias alias="SessionProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Security.ISessionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.SecurityBase, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
<typeAlias alias="ReportProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IReportProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
<typeAlias alias="MapProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IMapProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
</typeAliases>
<containers>
</containers>
</unity>
</configuration>

4.Both files: C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient\Workflows\FormSettings\GCW.xml and C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient\Workflows\WorkflowSettings\GCW.xml were made in Workflow Editor and work correctly in standard mode (I mean not in standalone mode but when run in java application mode).

5.When I open in web browser page https://my_server/StandaloneWorkflows/?workflow=projekt_testowy

then I can see in log the following error: Could not find the specified connection projekt_testowy 

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Could not find the specified connection

Hi mzebrows,

is it possible that the issue is in the URL you call?

I test here and use a URL that is slightly similar to yours but important difference with 'workflow' added.

In your example it would look like:

https://my_server/StandaloneWorkflows/workflow?workflow=projekt_testowy

Reviewing the rest of your topic looks fine to me.

HTH,

sclow

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I change url to 

https://war-hsiv-nidg.ingrnet.com/StandaloneWorkflows/workflow?workflow=projekt_testowy

then I get another error:

23.04.2020 17:40:37 ERROR - Controller workflow has raised an exception in Action Index.
Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.WorkflowNotFoundException: Could not find the specified workflow projekt_testowy.
at Intergraph.Emea.SmartClient.Workflows.SmartClientXmlDescriptionProvider.LoadWorkflowXml(String workflow)
at Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.XmlDescriptionProvider.GetWorkflowRootNodeDescriptions(String workflow)
at Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.WorkflowController.Index()
at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

No, wait! My workflow name is GCW, so the correct url is

https://war-hsiv-nidg.ingrnet.com/StandaloneWorkflows/workflow?workflow=GCW

and it works!

Thanks!!!