GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

GMSC 2016 - Can't find style error

I am setting up a GMSC 2016 project. I added some features stored in Oracle to a project/legend/role and they were using the default symbology and could be displayed in the client fine.

I have now created some styles for these features using the Style Editor, assigned the style to the feature and reloaded the client.

The data no longer displays when turned on. The legend entry symbol shows a black fill polygon with a green outline.

The client log file has trapped the following errors:

file: jar:http://vc-w-d01882/GMSC/jars/lib/Common.jar.pack.gz!/workspace/Common/language.properties --> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.tools.utils.Languages.loadText
23-Sep-2016 13:39:17 FINEST: Add 323 values to the Language Bundle --> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.tools.utils.Languages.loadText
23-Sep-2016 13:39:17 INFO: NOTINIT --> BOOTING --> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.web.core.kernel.SmartClientKernel.setStatus
23-Sep-2016 13:39:17 FINEST: [JAXB] JAXBContext.newInstance --> [pool-2-thread-1] com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.style.SymbologyEncodingFactory.<init>
23-Sep-2016 13:41:36 SEVERE: null --> [pool-13-thread-3] com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.GDOPlusDataReader._start
com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.style.SymbologyConfigurationException: The GDOPlus file can't be read because an exception occured during the loading process of the given style id '190bbcb4-68d9-40db-83dc-b56bc4e0d0e9'
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.StyleGroup.createStyleGroup(StyleGroup.java:55)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.GDOPlus.createGDOPlus(GDOPlus.java:54)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.GDOPlusFactory.readGDOPlus(GDOPlusFactory.java:46)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.GDOPlusDataReader._start(GDOPlusDataReader.java:50)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.BinaryDataReader._start(BinaryDataReader.java:51)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.BinaryDataReader._start(BinaryDataReader.java:18)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.GDataReader.start(GDataReader.java:24)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.GReaderJob.start(GReaderJob.java:98)
at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.BaseMapContentLoader.tileLoaded(BaseMapContentLoader.java:253)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LoaderListener.lambda$fireTileLoaded$0(LoaderListener.java:64)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LoaderListener$$Lambda$232/22834885.accept(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$Head.forEach(Unknown Source)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LoaderListener.fireTileLoaded(LoaderListener.java:64)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.processTile(LiveDataLoader.java:119)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:66)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:60)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.style.SymbologyConfigurationException: Can't find style '190bbcb4-68d9-40db-83dc-b56bc4e0d0e9' in directory: C:\Users\ADM-B7788038\AppData\Local\Intergraph\SmartClient\cache\GMSC\_symbology_\NEx Data
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.style.GFeatureTypeStyleManager.getStylePath(GFeatureTypeStyleManager.java:237)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.style.GFeatureTypeStyleManager.readStyleFromCache(GFeatureTypeStyleManager.java:179)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.style.GFeatureTypeStyleManager.loadStyle(GFeatureTypeStyleManager.java:119)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.style.GFeatureTypeStyleManager.getStyle(GFeatureTypeStyleManager.java:110)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.GDOPlusFactory.getFeatureTypeStyle(GDOPlusFactory.java:183)
at com.intergraph.web.viewer.reader.gdoplus.StyleGroup.createStyleGroup(StyleGroup.java:49)

Did I miss a step when assigning symbology to a feature?

The symbols are all the same style (polygon style with no fill) but with varying stroke widths.

Staff

Re: GMSC 2016 - Can't find style error

Hi Colin,

please close GMSC and remove (rename it if you want to keep a backup) the folder

C:\Users\ADM-B7788038\AppData\Local\Intergraph\SmartClient\cache\GMSC\_symbology_\

something went wrong during the style update, this way should force GMSC to download it again.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Stefano that resolved the issue but this worries me a little. Is this a common issue following this type of update? 

If this was to affect the customer in a production system performing the same steps on a client machine would be difficult.

EDIT

I have just created another style added it to a feature already setup in the Administrator. Reloaded my GMSC client and the same error has happened again.

Staff

I've encountered something similar a few years ago, not really recently. In that case it was probably due to the customer environment and in particular security settings. You may try changing the cache path on the client side to a different folder. If that does not help try looking at the traffic and/or java console to see if any request from the client to server gets blocked.

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

Stefano,

Please can you help me understand how to change the cache path on the client side to a different folder?

This issue is occurring frequently when running GMSC client on the GMSC server and its impacting my setup of the GMSC project.

Thanks,

Colin

Staff

Colin,

you can do it client side using the settings in the "synchronize cache" tool's UI or server side to be applied to all the clients (howto).

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

Stefano,

Moving the cache locatation to a D: drive hasn't stopped the issue from occurring. Can you please help me to understand how I investigate the issue further through the use of the Java console and/or by analysing network traffic like you suggested previously?

Thanks,

Colin

Highlighted
Staff

Colin,

if you are using the Java client on the server I don't think inspecting the traffic would give us any information. Please try enabling the Java console from the Java control panel to see if there is any error during the client startup.

Which version of Java are you using? Can you please try from a client machine?

thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial