GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

GMSC 2016 - IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults

Hello

Every time I want to run the Java application GMSC.

I see this error in the log.

21/10/2016 05:52:14 PM INFO:	Start Smart Client V16.0.0.0_20160530.5				--> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.web.core.kernel.SmartClientKernel.preboot
21/10/2016 05:52:14 PM FINEST:	Load language file: jar:http://localhost/GMSC/jars/GPSDevices.jar.pack.gz!/workspace/GPSDevices/language.properties				--> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.tools.utils.Languages.loadText
21/10/2016 05:52:14 PM FINEST:	Load language file: jar:http://localhost/GMSC/jars/SmartClient.jar.pack.gz!/workspace/smartclient/language.properties				--> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.tools.utils.Languages.loadText
21/10/2016 05:52:14 PM FINEST:	Load language file: jar:http://localhost/GMSC/jars/Viewer.jar.pack.gz!/workspace/Viewer/language.properties				--> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.tools.utils.Languages.loadText
21/10/2016 05:52:14 PM FINEST:	Load language file: jar:http://localhost/GMSC/jars/lib/Common.jar.pack.gz!/workspace/Common/language.properties				--> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.tools.utils.Languages.loadText
21/10/2016 05:52:14 PM FINEST:	Add 323 values to the Language Bundle				--> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.tools.utils.Languages.loadText
21/10/2016 05:52:14 PM INFO:	NOTINIT --> BOOTING				--> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.web.core.kernel.SmartClientKernel.setStatus
21/10/2016 05:52:14 PM FINEST:	[JAXB] JAXBContext.newInstance				--> [pool-3-thread-1] com.intergraph.web.viewer.map.style.SymbologyEncodingFactory.<init>
21/10/2016 05:52:26 PM SEVERE:	null				--> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.web.core.kernel.SmartClientKernel.launch
com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.ServerSOAPFaultException: Client received SOAP Fault from server: The server could not process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, enable IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or the behavior configuration <serviceDebug>) on the server to send the exception information to the client, or activate the trace according to instructions in the documentation of Microsoft. NET Framework SDK and see the tracking logs server. Please see the server log to find more detail regarding exact cause of the failure.
	at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAP11Fault.getProtocolException(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder.createException(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.StubHandler.readResponse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy52.getProjectMetadata(Unknown Source)
	at com.intergraph.service.persistence.MetadataPersistenceProvider.getProjectMetadata(MetadataPersistenceProvider.java:63)
	at com.intergraph.web.DefaultKernelHandler.loadProject(SmartClient.java:415)
	at com.intergraph.web.core.kernel.SmartClientKernel.launch(SmartClientKernel.java:178)
	at com.intergraph.web.core.kernel.SmartClientKernel.boot(SmartClientKernel.java:100)
	at com.intergraph.web.SmartClient.create(SmartClient.java:138)
	at com.intergraph.web.SmartClient.main(SmartClient.java:109)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I hope you can tell me what I have to do.I think I have to enable IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults, but I'm not sure where I should activate this.

Thanks for your comments. Regards

Staff

Re: GMSC 2016 - IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults

please have a look at the server side logging. You might find something in the SmartClientService.log file.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Mr. Stefano,

I encountered the same issue when I tried to login to GMSC 2016. The log just indicate that

"--> [javawsApplicationMain] com.intergraph.web.core.kernel.SmartClientKernel.launch
com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.ServerSOAPFaultException: Client received SOAP Fault from server:
The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error.  For more information about the error, either turn on
IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug>
configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as
per the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK documentation and inspect the server"

I've checked the server but the application still faced the same issue. Can you please assist me on this.

Thank you.

Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi,

this is the error from the client, there are no details about the error. You have to check log files on the server side, like stated in my previous post.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi and thanks for replying,

The server team has checked the Event Viewer at the server and they found no unusual activities or errors.May I know where or which folder/files that we should look into? And I've check the SmartClientServices.log but the folder is empty.

Staff

please check this tutorial:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GMSC-Tutorials/Log-Files/ta-p/259

if log files are not updated you should check NETWORK SERVICE (which should be the account used for GMSC App Pools in IIS) account has r/w access to those folders. 

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial