GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

GMSC 2018 License Activation ID

Hi,

I have received Activation ID for GMSC 2018.

Do we need a OffLine license for GMSC or need to install Geospatial License Manager 2018 with Activation ID?

Regards

Naeem

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: GMSC 2018 License Activation ID

Hi Naeem,

If the GMSC server has internet access then you will simply get asked by GMSC Configuration Wizard for the ActivationID and it will activate the license. You don't need the Geospatial License Manager tool, however it is handy when manipulating with more licenses and needed when setting up a license server.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Jan,

I already received the Activation ID (NL_AAAA* )from Hexagon and activated through Geospatial License Manager 2018

But, still GMSC gives me 'NO LICENSE' message.

Note: Obeservation : When i activated the license from License Manager it disappear from the list ( license Manager) and when i tried to De-Activate the license then it shows ' Ready to Return' the license which means license was already activated.

GMSC 2018 - Update 1

Windows 2012 R2 - Virtual Machine - VMWARE

Internet is available

Regards

Naeem

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Naeem,

I had the same problem in December:

You have to remove! the Smart Client configuration, because otherwise the configuration isn't updated correctly and still has an old or missing value (Changes in the license administrator won't affect it). After removing the  Smart Client configuration and  adding it again, it worked for me.

GBI Kommunale Infrastruktur GmbH & Co. KG | Germany
Highlighted
Contributor

HI,

After deleting the GMSC configuration. GMSC still ask for *.LIC file to go to next step. It seems like  activated Activation ID is not recognized by GMSC2018.

Should i ask for *.lic file?

Please see the attached file.

Regards

Naeem

Highlighted
Contributor

Can you post the Smart Client version (16.xxx) listed in program & features on your server?

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi ,

Thanks.

I have re-installed the GMSC 2018 update 3 and license worked fine without any issue.

Now, when i run http://<servername>/gmsc then JNLP file is not downloaded. Still in progress..

Regards

Naeem

Highlighted
Contributor

You need the app launcher, there won't be an jnlp anymore:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GMSC-Tutorials/GMSC-2018-3-Hexagon-App-Launcher/ta-p/2734...

Highlighted
Contributor

HI,

Thanks! a lot. It started to work.

Regards

Naeem