GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

GMSC Workflow insert into other tables not the main.

Hi,

I have a workflow with multiple tabs(Item, Other Names, Classification, Property).

The main workflow  is related with one main table called dbo.Item when I choose the tab Other Names I want to add to a database table dbo.Othername the values that I add. I also want to update the top table after I click add.

Please check the image below:

Capture1.PNG

Is there any way to save the record with 'OtherName' and 'From' inputs into a specific table (dbo.Othername) instead of the main table (defined on the properties of this workflow)?

Cheers,

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: GMSC Workflow insert into other tables not the main.

Hi ePascoal,

Have you tried to accomplish this with an SQL Trigger of type 'After' tied to your Form?

As long as the table you wish to update is accessible in the Workflow connection it should be possible.

Here is example that UPDATES values into a table (SAMPLEEVENTS) available in the Workflow connection:

<WorkflowTrigger name="Updated" method="after" type="SqlTrigger">
<Param name="Sql" value="Update SAMPLEEVENTS set EVENTDATE = GETDATE() where ID={FORM.ID}"/>
</WorkflowTrigger>

HTH