GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Super Contributor

GMSC crashes when launching

[ Edited ]

Hi team,

Our client is using GMSC 2016 Ep03. One of their customers launched the GMSC app and it crashed. From the Java dump, it shows that there seems to be an issue with jfxwebkit.dll 

Java crash.png

I search the internet and there is a bug reported about this dll in older version of java jre, but not the latest version. I attach the java dump here in case it is helpful. 

The client observed that the crash happened around the time GMSC was loading mediasupportplugin; however, it is likely to be coincident  

Appreciate all suggestions and insights on this issue.

Kind regards,

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: GMSC crashes when launching

[ Edited ]

Hi Bob,

Do you have this same version of Java and can you replicate the issue?

I have had another report in support of this issue with same symptoms. Unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate it myself on that version of Java. In the previous case customer was going to roll back to JRE 1.8.0_112, which is version I was using previously without issue. I havent heard yet if that resolved for them.

Now that I see another report of this issue it makes me wonder if there is a larger issue here. Feel free to log a support ticket and we may have a closer investigation.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: GMSC crashes when launching

Hi Stephen,

I wasnt able to re-produce the problem. they re-launch again from a demo of mine (very basic GMSC 16.0 and have the same java plugins components) and they don't have problem. I intend to upgrade the demo site to 16.3 to match with their GMSC production site, but didn't have time to do that.

Kind regards,