GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

GeoMedia Smart Client 2016 on PostGIS: No key column found

Hi,

I've configured in GMSC 2016 simple action, that should show a List, but after executing action there's an exception: "No key column found".

I'm using PostGIS database. I've made my database in PotsGIS console, added metadata (DatabaseUtilities) and created tables by exporting them from GeoMedia.

Moreover, I've managed to display those tables geometry on GMSC map window and also to display data in forms. So why can't I display data in list?

gmsc_no_id.png

Staff

Re: GeoMedia Smart Client 2016 on PostGIS: No key column found

Hi Mzebrows,

The exception in your written report "no key column found" although similar in language is not the same exception that I see in the screenshot of the workflow.log file; "No columns found on table 'gminy'"

In the screenshot of 'Newlist1' configuration I dont see any column elements set up. In the case of the "No columns found on table 'gminy' " exception the 'Newlist1' should be configured to have column elements in order to build the list from the 'gminy' table.

eg. list.PNG

Configuring the column elements of the list in this case may be enough to resolve this for you.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks for quick reply.

You right, I've sent the wrong stacktrace.

I've configured one column on the list and then, the error "No key column found" appears.

gmsc_no_id2.png

Staff

Include the key column in the list configuration. It can be set to 'hidden' but needs to be included.

Regular Contributor

Bulls eye! After adding id field to the list, everything works properly.

Thank you for help!