GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff

Re: Google Street View Plugin problems

We are not allowed to use Google Street View in this way.

More information here.

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Shared-Samples/Google-Streetview-Plugin-Removed/ta-p/10273

Frequent Contributor

Hello

Do you have any feedback?

We have issue with customer that has a contract with google.

Regards

David

Staff

Hi David,

it must be checked with Google. If they have a specific contract, it might be ok, but the general EULA does not allow to use StreetView outside the google maps context.

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Hello Stefano

i was aware of this limitation for the adresse geocoder tool, but not for the google street view. I had google guys on the phone when i studied the possibility for our customer to have a contract with google they never told us about such limitations, and i explained in detail what we wanted to do with Google Street View.

Do you have a link to the eula related to Google Street view ?

We have to study the integration of the external component found by Shaun.

Thank you

David

Staff

Hi David,

the general terms are here (section 10 in particular):

https://developers.google.com/maps/terms?hl=en

and

https://www.google.com/intl/en/help/terms_maps.html

As far as I understood in general you are not allowed to display google content in a non-google map.

Let us know your findings.

Thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Stefano,

i saw that in the first link you provide:

For example, you may display Street View imagery without a corresponding Google map because the Maps APIs Documentationexpressly permits this use.

But when i  go the link it is not very clear

Google Street View Image API  (Google Street View Image API )Google Developers

The Google Street View Image API lets you embed a static (non-interactive) Street View panorama or thumbnail into your web page, without the use of JavaScript. The viewport is defined with URL parameters sent through a standard HTTP request, and is returned as a static image

David

Staff

I noticed that part, but there are additional ones:

No use of Content with a non-Google map. You must not use the Content in a Maps API Implementation that contains a non-Google map.

No creation or augmentation of data sets based on Google’s Content or Services. You will not use Google’s Content or Services to create or augment your own mapping-related dataset (or that of a third party), including a mapping or navigation dataset, business listings database, mailing list, or telemarketing list.

so it should basically be confirmed with Google and for each customer's agreement.

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I asked the Google representative for our customer TIGF, (TIGF has a Licence contract for Google Maps For Work) .he told us that the way me use the google API is tolerate by the licence only if we only use the licence for one customer, that is the case because the licence as been contracted by TIGF and of  course we don't use it for another customer.

If we want to have our own licence to deploy the solution at several customers we 'll have to bought a Google Maps OEM  Licence, the cost here is 8.580€ HT/year for 500.000 crédits.

Best Regards

David

Regular Contributor

Hi David,

I have been talking to a Google representative in the UK about integrating Street View in other Hexagon products and was told we can't display Street View with other mapping products that aren't displaying Google Maps. In in your GMSC implementation the data displayed in the GMSC map does it include Google Maps as a backdrop? What other mapping is shown?

I was also told you can't overlay data on top of Google Maps (i.e. a mashup) without the application that is doing the overlaying of data being completely written in Google APIs. These issues have been passed to the product centre for review.

Thanks,

Colin

Frequent Contributor

Hello Colin,

I told the Google Representative that we didn't use the Google Map with google Street View in our solution and it is why they told me it is "Tolerate".  I also explained this to google by phone in the past before we started to integrate this in our customer GMSC site, and the only thing they told me is that a licence was mandatory, the google maps as a base layer didn't seem to be mandatory at this time (i asked this specificaly as we knew this restriction for the geocoder API).

Regards

David